Token Name: Kaafila
Token Ticker: KFL
Token Start Date: 11 June 2021
Total Supply: 100 billion (maximum supply, pre-defined)
Circulating Supply: 50 billion (till 11 June 2025)
Locked Supply: 50 billion (to be released from 2025 to 2045)
Token Price (starting): $0.0001 (on 07 Oct 2021)
Token Type/Role: Utility Token
Development Status: Prototype/MVP
Organization Structure: Decentralized
Open Source: No
Consensus Mechanism: Not Mineable
Algorithm: Pure PoS (Algorand Blockchain)
Smart Contracts: Content Users, Content Providers, Token Holders, Advertisers
Kaafila (KFL) on Algorand Blockchain Explorer:
Token Release Schedule:
KFL tokens will be released on a “4-year halving schedule”, to ensure enough supply of tokens to reward future efforts to maintain and grow the Kaafila project. This gradual token release schedule has been adopted from Bitcoin, which has demonstrated clear benefits of limited and controlled supply of tokens over a long period of time.
|50% tokens will be released in first 4 years||2021-2025|
|25% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2025-2029|
|12.5% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2029-2033|
|6.25% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2033-2037|
|3.125% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2037-2041|
|96.875% tokens will be released in 20 years||2021-2041|
- The first “4-year halving cycle” is from 11 June 2021 to 11 June 2025.
- 50% of the total token supply (50 billion tokens) will be released in first 4 years.
- 50 billion tokens is the circulating supply (from 11 June 2021 to 11 June 2025). Of these 50 billion tokens, only 20 billion tokens are available till 11 June 2022. So the real available supply is only 20 billion tokens till 11 June 2022. Remaining 30 billion tokens will be released as 10 billion tokens per year in 3 years from June 2022 to June 2025.
- 50 billion tokens are locked in the “Reserve Account” given below (they will be released gradually from this account to Users and Team Members over 20+ years, starting from 11 June 2025 onwards, as per the Token Release Schedule give above).
|KFL token Address||Balance||Account Type|
|50 bn KFL||Reserve (tokens will be released from June 2025 onwards over 20+ years)
|10 bn KFL||Team Storage|
|10 bn KFL||Team Storage|
|10 bn KFL||Team Storage|
|8.67 bn KFL||Community Account
|5 bn KFL||Users Account (tokens for releasing to Exchanges)
|4.7 bn KFL||Admin Account|
|1.26 bn KFL||Operating Account|
Token Release Mechanism:
- Total 100 billion tokens (pre-mined, maximum total supply).
- 50 billion tokens locked, to be release gradually from June 2025 onwards over 20+ years.
- Tokens will be released from their locked state by User effort and Team effort. So it’s the effort of Users and Team members that releases tokens from their locked state, and this effort may be considered the equivalent of mining.
- Some of the released tokens may then become available to Investors for buying through exchange/swap sites, when Users or Team Members put their tokens for sale. The participation of Investors will help liquidity and price stability for tokens, and benefit all stakeholders of the project.
Please refer Section 13 (Tokenomics) of Kaafila whitepaper for more details. Thanks.
Please Note: The above pie chart on indicative token distribution should be seen as 34% for Team (includes all Developers, Advisors, Project Partners, and Marketing Managers), and 66% for Non-Team (includes Users and Investors as a common pool, because Users who hold their tokens for a longer duration than short-term usage are also Investors).
KFL token has predefined maximum supply of 100 billion tokens, and the tokens will be released gradually every year, over the next 20+ years, based on the combined efforts of the Kaafila project Team and Users.
How to buy KFL tokens? One can buy KFL token directly from exchanges/swap sites where KFL token is listed (Vindax.com, Algodex.com, Tinyman.org). We are working to list KFL token on 1-2 more exchanges by during Q2, 2022. About 6% of total supply of KFL tokens (or 12% of circulating supply till June 2025) is for available for sale during 2022-2023, to fund the project development and growth during 2022-2025. The need for subsequent token sales should be less, because our team members are willing to work directly with payment in KFL tokens, and the apps/systems will start generating revenues.
- Algodex.com (tokens listed on 11 Feb 2022) — decentralized exchange with larger token supply with limit buy/sell orders, to buy KFL tokens with ALGO. But its not available to Users from USA and Canada currently and the exchange is working to address this constraint (a decentralized exchange connects directly to your MyAlgo wallet)
- Vindax.com (tokens listed on 15 Dec 2021) — centralized crypto exchange with larger token supply with limit buy/sell orders, to buy KFL tokens with USDT. Ideal for most crypto investors worldwide, except for USA and Canada. The transaction fee are very nominal/small.
- Tinyman.org (tokens listed on 7 Oct 2021) — limited supply with large price variation (its a swap site where you can swap ALGO into KFL tokens by connecting directly with your wallet, but token supply is limited and price swings are higher)
Kaafila’s motto is: “Knowledge for Lifetime”, and the same is reflected in our token name “KFL”. Over next 20 years, we believe that Kaafila project will help over 100 million people in their education and career, through the courses, tests, certificates, internships, scholarships and awards offered through our platform.
KFL Token Design: Following is the front and back of KFL token.
The penguin on the KFL token is called Chip, the mascot of Kaafila project.
Please contact us for any questions, or if would like to receive updates on KFL token. Thanks.
Disclaimer: Kaafila (KFL) token is a utility token meant for the working of Kaafila project, to develop a portfolio of innovative software/blockchain apps, and deliver free education to people worldwide. The KFL token does not represent any asset or security, and there are no guarantees of any type regarding the token price appreciation over any timeframe.