Last Updated: Monday, 18 July 2022.
Following are a wide range of questions we have received from various stakeholders. If your question is not answered below, please contact us, and we will be happy to answer your question. Thanks.
1. What is Kaafila? What does Kaafila aim to do?
Kaafila is a decentralized media and education platform (using blockchain technology of Algorand, Polygon, and IPFS) to develop a portfolio of useful and profitable blockchain apps, and deliver free courses with certifications and internships to millions of Users worldwide.
Kaafila has started with a decentralized video sharing app, which can be used to deliver courses by educators, and Kaafila will also support a wide range of Independent Content Creators, in the areas of music, films, arts, crafts, sports, news, and will aim to promote their content, and create growth opportunities for them through our platform.
Our Users & Team Members earn Kaafila (KFL) tokens in return for their efforts to grow the project. Support for social causes is a major motivation for the team, and we believe that support for social causes will make Kaafila project truly successful, and enable worldwide adoption for KFL token.
2. Why Kaafila? What is Kaafila trying to address/solve?
Kaafila aims to remove the global inequalities in access to good quality education, and access to work/income earning opportunities. Our goal is to help over 100 million Users worldwide to “learn for free and earn from anywhere”. Kaafila is developing a portfolio blockchain apps to achieve these goals, led by Kaafila Metaverse, which will enable virtual learning for millions of Users, and virtual working for freelancers, consultants, startups, and small businesses.
Lack of useful education is not a small problem, and over 1 million people are searching for free courses with certificates, every month on Google. No one can solve it alone. Organizations like MIT, Udemy, and Coursera are solving parts of this problem with free or low cost courses, but their certificates are never free. In most cases, the free courses are like ebooks, without any instructors/teachers available for questions and answers.
Some people with our mindset have posted detailed free courses on YouTube on various subjects (especially on Software programming, Data science, and English language learning), and those are the closest to useful free education. Kaafila aims to move significantly ahead in this direction. Kaafila aims to use contributions from thousands of professionals to create free courses with tests and certificates that can really help millions of Users. Course Creators will get KFL tokens for teaching their free courses, and Users will get KFL tokens on successful completion of courses.
In addition to giving useful skills/education to Users with free courses, Kaafila will create remote/virtual working opportunities for Users, and Kaafila Metaverse will play the key role in providing virtual offices, industry events, and marketplaces for such virtual work.
Over 500 million people worldwide are facing low quality education that does not convert into reliable income. Many years of school and college spent on education that does not deliver reliable gains. Even in professional education, there are very few options for practical training or internships in developing countries. There are over 1 million searches per month on Google for various online courses with certifications, and over 500K searches per month for free online courses with certification (just in English language) on diverse subjects like: computer science, software programming, project management, business management, financial management, financial markets, stock trading, crypto investing, teaching, arts, music, logistics, etc.
Overall, there is a huge need for free education with certification, and internships for career development, and Kaafila aims to create multiple systems for utilizing the energy and potential of the people worldwide in productive ways. Kaafila Metaverse will play a key role in achieving our goals of “learn for free and earn from anywhere”.
3. What is the vision of Kaafila?
Kaafila will develop a virtual world (Kaafila Metaverse), which rewards merit and hard work of Users, without any bias for race, religion, social or economic background.
Kaafila will be a software/blockchain ecosystem driven by constant innovation. Kaafila will provide free education and growth opportunities to help our Users progress in their career and life.
Kaafila is developing a portfolio of blockchain apps that will be helpful to millions of Users worldwide, by giving opportunities to “learn for free and earn from anywhere”. All our apps are linked with a common goal of free education and knowledge sharing, and the monetization of knowledge in the blockchain economy.
Kaafila aims to help over 100 million people over next 10-20 years, using our blockchain platform for delivering free education to millions of Users worldwide, so that our Users can “learn for free and earn from anywhere”, irrespective of their academic background or economic condition.
We will reward merit and top performance with awards, scholarships, internships in KFL tokens. We also want to encourage individual content creators in all industries/niches with best possible rewards for their content/creations. Constant innovation and free education are our goals.
Our goal is to help 100 million Users to “Learn for free, and earn from anywhere”, by offering them useful learning resources, using the Kaafila video app, and free Courses with Tests and Certificates, and Internships to top-performers, so that people worldwide can benefit irrespective of their income level and academic background. The focus is also on creating a large network of people who want to learn constantly to progress in their career and life.
4. What are the focus areas of Kaafila?
Kaafila aims to operate a profitable portfolio of software/blockchain apps, which include NFT Marketplace, Metaverse for Virtual Learning, Universal Payment System to help freelancers and small businesses with global customers, and a Courses System that offers free courses with certificates.
Kaafila is a “metaverse project” at its core, and Kaafila Metaverse will be our major focus area to achieve our goal of helping 100 million Users to “learn for free and earn from anywhere”. All other apps of Kaafila project will all get utilized in the Metaverse in some way.
- Income producing apps like “Metaverse”, “NFT Marketplace”, “Video App” and “Universal Payment System” will get 80% investment allocation, because they will help in creating income and growing KFL token price (all apps are linked to the blockchain economy, and will be integrated into the Kaafila Metaverse).
- “Courses System” is strategically important because Kaafila will give free courses with certificates, which will help in getting millions of Users worldwide, and many of these Users will also start using the income producing apps.
- “Metaverse” can bring a large number of Users and Content Creators, many of them may become Course Creators and paying Metaverse Users, helping Kaafila become a leader in a virtual learning and virtual working.
- The “Universal Payment System” app will also act as a “Gig Marketplace“, that helps Freelancers, Consultants, Startups, and Small Biz to offer services and take payments in an efficient way, in a borderless economy. This app is still under design phase, and it will move forward based on the income generation from KFL token sales or Kaafila Metaverse land sales.
5. Who are the founders and team members of Kaafila?
Kaafila founders are Ethan William and Shankar AVSB, and they have been involved with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and other crypto projects in various ways, including software and hardware setup, mining, user community development, and as investors. They both have first hand experience in teaching computer science, and they have clearly seen the need for better/useful courses with tests and certifications, along with practical training and internships to really develop the youth to their full potential. Kaafila has over 65 team members currently, and we are adding new team members regularly. Our team members have been passionate adopters of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin, and Kaafila team has drawn useful lessons from the growth of these three coins, which can enable the success of Kaafila (KFL) token. Please see this page to learn more: https://kaafila.org/team/
6. What kind of apps or innovations is Kaafila working on?
Kaafila is designing and developing multiple software/blockchain apps to harness the growth in the blockchain economy over next 10-20 years. In addition to providing free education with certifications, and internships to millions of Users, Kaafila aims to develop multiple software/blockchain apps to create new income streams, and grow the project value. For example:
- Kaafila Metaverse for Virtual Learning & Virtual Working: Kaafila aims to build a metaverse that enables hands-on learning, and remote working via virtual offices, and virtual industry events/expos. This project is in the early stages, and it requires expensive hardware and significant time and effort to get a realistic virtual learning environment. Based on the funding we get from KFL token sales during 2022, we will try to reach prototype stage by Dec 2022, and take it forward in 2023. Kaafila will develop a useful metaverse for virtual learning and working. Please see this post by Ethan William to learn more. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/metaverse-2-ethan-william/
- NFT Marketplace: Kaafila aims to develop and operate a leading NFT Marketplace, which will also be integrated with Kaafila Metaverse, and it will support youth in getting income from digital media creation. The groundwork for this project started in Oct 2021, and design has been completed in Q1, 2022 and we will be able to complete its development once we get some funds either from KFL tokens sales or from Kaafila Metaverse land sales.
- Universal Payment System: Kaafila aims to develop a simplified “Universal Payment System” using DOGE and KFL tokens, which is easy to use like PayPal, but with very low transaction costs and worldwide reach. This system is under design phase currently, and it will be called “PayTokens” and will aim to help 1-10 million Users. The target customers for this system will be freelancers, remote/gig workers, small import/export/trading companies, all of which have international clients and payments charges are still very high currently. The system will also enable Users to sell their products/services/gigs directly from their User profile page.
- New Programming Language: Kaafila aims to create a new programming language (called CHIP) that is easy to learn and use, so that both adults across industries, and school children can easily do software programming, and develop new software applications that nobody has thought of yet! The groundwork for this project has started in Oct 2021. Please see this post to learn more. Kaafila Research Project: New Programming Language
7. How will you describe Kaafila to experienced crypto/blockchain investors?
- Kaafila (KFL) token is setup on Bitcoin concepts (finite supply, 4 yr halving schedule), with Dogecoin ideology (focus on community, social causes), and built on Algorand (for max efficiency, lowest transaction costs).
- Kaafila will develop a portfolio of software/blockchain apps that will help people in multiple industries, and create income streams for the project, to enable growth for long term.
- Kaafila aims to merge the best of human strengths (problem solving and determination) with the best of software/machine strengths (efficiency and transparency).
8. Is the KFL token similar to Bitcoin in some ways?
Yes, there are two core concepts of Bitcoin, which have contributed to its success: (a) Pre-defined finite supply of coins, and (b) Gradual release of tokens based on a “4 year halving schedule” with increasing complexity for mining as the percentage of coins mined increases, so that the last 1% tokens will be the most difficult to mine, and they will come only after 24 years of the project start.
Kaafila has incorporated both these core concepts of Bitcoin in the KFL token. Total KFL token supply is finite and limited at 100 billion tokens, of which 50 billion tokens are locked, and will be released gradually over 20+ years (from 11 June 2025) with the efforts of Users and Team Members.
Kaafila has also adopted a “4 year halving schedule” like Bitcoin, so that KFL tokens will be released gradually over 20+ years, to ensure ongoing supply of KFL tokens to reward future efforts to grow the project. KFL tokens start date is 11 June 2021, and first halving cycle will complete on 11 June 2025.
|50% tokens will be released in first 4 years||2021-2025|
|25% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2025-2029|
|12.5% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2029-2033|
|6.25% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2033-2037|
|3.125% tokens will be released in next 4 years||2037-2041|
|96.875% tokens will be released in 20 years||2021-2041|
This gradual release schedule has been adopted from Bitcoin, because it has demonstrated clear benefits of limited and controlled supply of tokens over a long period of time, and it will enable Kaafila project to achieve its long term goals of helping millions of people worldwide with education, career development, and support for social causes.
9. How many KFL tokens are there in total? What is the circulating supply?
Total KFL token supply is finite and limited at 100 billion tokens, of which 50 billion tokens are locked in a reserve account, and will be released gradually over 20+ years, from 11 June 2025 onwards (with the efforts of Users and Team Members).
The current circulating supply is 50 billion tokens, which is the token supply of the first “4-year halving cycle” from June 2021 to June 2025. Of these 50 billion tokens, 20 billion tokens are available for release to various stakeholders between June 2021 and June 2022. Remaining 30 billion tokens will become available from June 2022 to June 2025 at the rate of 10 billion tokens per year. To learn more about KFL Token Release Mechanism and Release Schedule, please see this page: https://kaafila.org/token/
10. How many Users does Kaafila (KFL) have currently? What kind of User base is possible?
Kaafila (KFL) has 23K Users currently, with new Users joining every week. We are seeing a strong demand from people worldwide to join our project. We have visibility of over 1 million Users once our “Kaafila Courses System” and “Kaafila Metaverse” go live.
Currently, Bitcoin (BTC) has about 40 millions Users, Ethereum (ETH) about 5 million Users, Dogecoin (DOGE) have about 5 million Users, and Algorand (ALGO) has about 2 million Users. Kaafila (KFL) can surpass them all because of our people-focused approach, because Kaafila will offer free courses with certifications, internships, scholarships/awards in KFL tokens. And Kaafila Metaverse will offer virtual offices to Users worldwide (freelancers, consultants, startups, small biz). Kaafila aims to help 100 million Users over next 10-20 years. Therefore, we believe that Kaafila may have the largest User base among all blockchain projects.
Kaafila project is still very young, but the response to following tweet can give you an idea of the User community we are building.
11. How is Kaafila unique compared to other blockchain/crypto projects?
Kaafila is unique because there is no comparable project, which merges blockchain technology, and Bitcoin core concepts, with human efforts over a 20+ year timeframe.
Kaafila’s motto is: “Knowledge for Lifetime” and the project is setup for long term. Over next 20 years, Kaafila aims to help over 100 million people with free courses, certificates, internships, scholarships, and awards using KFL tokens.
If we have to think in terms of today’s leading sites, then Kaafila is a mix of LinkedIn, YouTube, and Udemy. But none of them have our focus on free education and career development of Users. Our inspiration comes from Bitcoin, so we have incorporated “4 year halving cycle” similar to Bitcoin, so that KFL tokens will be released gradually over 20+ years, to ensure enough supply of new KFL tokens to fund the project work even after 10 years. Total KFL token supply is finite and limited at 100 billion tokens (of which 50 billion tokens are locked currently and will be released over 20+ years). This gradual token release schedule will provide support to KFL token price by ensuring that new token supply is always limited.
12. What kind of systems is Kaafila developing? What is the current project status?
The following diagram shows the key systems being developed in Kaafila project. In addition, there are auxiliary systems for User Registration, Token Management, and System Security.
Development Status Update: MVP and Decentralized Video Sharing App completed in Dec 2021. Development of other key systems started in Q1, 2022. NFT Marketplace is planned to go-live in H1, 2022. “Courses system” can go live during July-August 2022, and courses will be added ongoing basis. Metaverse version 1 development is in progress, and it may be completed by Jan 2023 if necessary funds come by Sep 2022. Kaafila Mobile App development will be done from 2023 onwards — it’s not on the critical path. Thus, 2022 and 2023 are key development years, and we are currently arranging funds for the project development. Most of the project development work is being done with payment directly in KFL tokens, and we will also reward team members with Kaafila Metaverse lands in some cases.
13. What is the economic model of Kaafila? What kind of income and expenses will be there in Kaafila project?
|Income (Inflow)||Expenditure (Outflow)|
Customers will be paying in USDT, ALGO, DOGE and KFL tokens. This income will be used by Kaafila project to regularly buy KFL tokens from the exchanges, which will provide buying support for the KFL tokens, and provide monetization for Users and Team Members to sell some of the KFL tokens that they earn from their efforts in the Kaafila project.
Any surplus income, after the above Expenditures, will be used for buying KFL tokens from the exchanges ongoing basis. Kaafila aims to close each year with zero net income, because the aim is not to accumulate capital, but to distribute it among the KFL token holders. To learn more, please see Section 14 (Project Economics) of the Kaafila Whitepaper.
14. What is the Kaafila Metaverse? How will it work and generate income?
Kaafila Metaverse will be a virtual world, with Virtual Classrooms, Virtual Offices, Research Labs, Industry Parks for Renewable Energy and Biotech, Industry Expos/Exhibitions, and Virtual Travels, including space travel and time travel.
Kaafila Metaverse will have well-designed virtual offices for freelancers, remote workers, startups and small companies, at a tiny fraction of the physical office rentals. Kaafila Expo will be like the Dubai Expo, with industry events every month, at a fraction of today’s costs. Kaafila Metaverse will combine AI and Blockchain Technology to create high engagement and innovation.
Kaafila Metaverse income will come from Metaverse Land NFT sales, Virtual Office sales/rentals, Industry Events booking, Industry Parks Renewable Energy, Software and Biotech that promote companies present inside Kaafila Metaverse, and billboards to promote thousands of Startups with ads.
Kaafila Metaverse has total 10 districts that will be developed over 20 years. Only District 1 (large island in the center) and District 2 will be developed during 2022-2025. District 1 will get maximum development over next 3 years.
Following is the Kaafila Metaverse Aerial View map, while viewing from the north side.
Kaafila Metaverse Land NFTs can be used by all investors to participate in the growth of our metaverse project.
Following is a Kaafila Metaverse Land plot for sale on OpenSea.
#D1B14001 is the first Kaafila Metaverse plot!
(District 1, Zone B14, Plot 1). It’s on sale for 0.235 ETH (~$435).
Please Note: Kaafila Metaverse is under development currently, and Metaverse land buyers will get access to develop their respective lands once the Kaafila Metaverse is launched for public usage, which may happen by Q4,2023. Thanks.
15. How will the Kaafila Metaverse look from inside?
Kaafila Metaverse has three focus areas: Virtual Learning, Virtual Working, and Virtual Travel. If you are interested in investing in the future of work and innovative learning systems, then Kaafila is the ideal project for you.
There will be Virtual Classrooms, Virtual Offices, Research Labs, Industry Parks for Renewable Energy and Biotech, Industry Expos/Exhibitions, and Virtual Travels, including space travel.
Following are a few examples of how the Kaafila Metaverse will look from inside. The following virtual office can be used by freelancers and startups at a very small monthly rental fee.
The following virtual classroom will be used to teach students worldwide in 24×7 live classroom model, and it will be free education! The initial focus will be on Computer Science courses, Business courses, and English language courses.
Biotech Research Labs inside Kaafila Metaverse, can get the highest level of security, which is not possible in the physical world.
Software Development Center inside Kaafila Metaverse, can get the highest level of security, which is not possible in the physical world.
14. Why did Kaafila choose Algorand blockchain for project development?
Kaafila chose Algorand (ALGO) blockchain because Algorand is relatively easy for project development and has one of the lowest transaction fee among all crypto projects at 0.001 ALGO per transaction, and therefore, Kaafila (KFL) token also has one of the lowest transaction costs in the world, to enable millions of transactions or micro-payments viable to millions of Users at lowest possible costs, while keeping a transparent record of all transactions.
Clearly, Kaafila project would not be possible on Ethereum blockchain as an ERC token, because of its high gas fees. Ethereum is just not designed for high volume transactions, but Algorand is!
In fact, Algorand blockchain stands out with its high-volume transaction capabilities along with lowest transaction costs. Algorand blockchain gives Kaafila: Decentralization, Scale, and Security. Algorand consensus mechanism is permissionless and “pure proof of stake”. It ensures full participation, protection, and speed within a truly decentralized network. With blocks finalized in seconds, Algorand’s transaction throughput is on par with world’s largest payment and financial networks. And Algorand is the first blockchain to provide immediate transaction finality. The era of a decentralized, borderless economy is here!
15. How does Kaafila project apply and benefit from blockchain technology?
Kaafila project will have multiple apps/systems, such as: Video Sharing App, Content Management System, Courses System, NFT Marketplace, Universal Payment System, Metaverse for Virtual Learning, etc. All these apps/systems would be using Algorand and IPFS blockchain for storing content and for transparent and efficient transactions, and they will create income streams in different ways to give stability and longevity to Kaafila project.
There will be millions of transactions or micro-payments in Video Sharing App (as payments to both Content Creators and Users/Viewers), millions of transactions in the NFT Marketplace, and millions of micro-payments to Kaafila Users and Team Members for their ongoing efforts to operate and grow the project, all of which we can execute only via blockchain at lowest possible costs.
The Courses system will also benefit from blockchain setup, because millions of micro-payments will happen to Users as they complete courses with various good grades, and KFL tokens will be used for internship payments too. The blockchain can track the progress of each Users, like a self updating LinkedIn profile, with verified blockchain links for all course certificates and achievements.
Please also see the answer to question 13 above, to understand the full scope of Kaafila project.
16. How will Kaafila contribute to the society? What kind of social causes will Kaafila support?
Support for Social Causes is a major motivation for our team, and we believe that support for social causes will make Kaafila project truly successful, and enable worldwide adoption for KFL token. We aim to support a wide range of social causes worldwide, through our “Social Causes System”, which will enable Kaafila Team Members and Users to list and support social causes using KFL token. Most of these social causes will be related to providing food, education, healthcare, hope, and relief in emergency situations.
Kaafila aims to help millions of people worldwide with free education, certifications, internships, and scholarships, so that they can achieve their full potential in life. Kaafila will use KFL tokens for this work, and this will be our biggest contribution to the society.
Kaafila will also collaborate with NGOs and Social Workers worldwide to reach students and youth who need support, and who can be helped with education, and real life experience and encouragement that be given through internships with Kaafila project.
We will use our free education courses and scholarships to help children/youth from poor economic backgrounds, by forging partnerships with local entities/schools/social workers. Please see this post to learn more: Kaafila support for Social Causes
17. What is the link of Kaafila blockchain explorer?
18. Where can we see Kaafila whitepaper?
Please use this link to download the whitepaper.
19. Where can we see Kaafila pitchdeck?
Please use this link to download the pitchdeck.
Please also see this video to learn more about Kaafila project.
20. Where can we see KFL token price, chart, market cap, etc?
Please see these links for KFL token price, chart, and market cap.
Kaafila listing on CoinMarketcap.com can also happen in the near future after KFL token is trading on 1-2 more exchanges.
21. Where can we buy KFL tokens? On which exchanges is KFL token listed? When is KFL token getting listed on Binance or Coinbase?
- Algodex.com (tokens listed on 11 Feb 2022) — decentralized exchange with larger token supply with limit buy/sell orders, to buy KFL tokens with ALGO. But its not available to Users from USA and Canada currently and the exchange is working to address this constraint (a decentralized exchange connects directly to your MyAlgo wallet)
- Vindax.com (tokens listed on 15 Dec 2021) — centralized crypto exchange with larger token supply with limit buy/sell orders, to buy KFL tokens with USDT. Ideal for most crypto investors worldwide, except for USA and Canada. The transaction fee are very nominal/small.
- Tinyman.org (tokens listed on 7 Oct 2021) — limited supply with large price variation (its a swap site where you can swap ALGO into KFL tokens by connecting directly with your wallet, but token supply is small and price swings are large)
Listing Roadmap: We are working to get KFL tokens listed on a London/UK based exchange (listing planned in Q2, 2022) — it will be available to Users worldwide, including from USA and Canada.
Going forward, we plan to get KFL token listed on a leading exchange like Gate.io by Dec 2022, and then we will try to get KFL token listed on Binance by Dec 2023 and Coinbase during 2024. This is our current token listing roadmap, which is subject to market conditions, and KFL token liquidity on existing exchanges. By the time KFL token gets listed on Coinbase, the Kaafila project maybe 10X bigger than today. We will keep updating this answer with latest updates. Thanks.
22. How to setup MyAlgo Wallet for Holding KFL tokens?
Please see this post.
23. How to upload videos on Kaafila video app?
Please see this post.
24. Where can we buy Kaafila Metaverse land for sale?
Developers and Investors who are interested in buying metaverse land, can buy Kaafila Metaverse Land NFTs to participate in the growth of our metaverse project over next 20 years. The full collection of metaverse lands for sale is available here: https://opensea.io/collection/kaafila-metaverse
24. Where is Kaafila based? Can one buy shares instead of tokens?
Kaafila is based in London, UK. However, the UK company carrying Kaafila project is just an admin entity, and not selling company shares to anyone. As a blockchain project with worldwide Users, Kaafila aims to remain detached from physical company setups and dealings, and the UK company will not take equity or debt from anyone. Kaafila does not need a bank account, and all project payments/expenses will be done mostly via crypto, or PayPal in a few cases, and we can’t work with entities that will not use either of these two options. Kaafila is a blockchain project, and the only way to participate is via KFL tokens. Thanks.
24. How can I learn more about Kaafila project?
Please see this page to learn more: https://kaafila.org/reports/
Please see these project discussion videos from Dec 2021 and Jan 2022, which covers the key aspects and goals of Kaafila project, and how KFL tokens can help Kaafila Users worldwide through free Courses, Certifications, Internships, and Scholarships, and how Kaafila aims to help Independent Content Creators through our Video Sharing App. The participants are: Shankar and Nick.
Is your question still unanswered? We want to answer it.
Please contact us, and we will reply. Thanks!
Disclaimer: Blockchain projects like Kaafila are subject to market risks. KFL token is not a security and there are no guarantees regarding token price appreciation. Forward looking statements are not guarantees of future performance.